TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Campaign to break the old attendance record

Default Re: Campaign to break the old attendance record

It's not rocket science. GSU knows who is an alum. GSU knows who in a season ticket holder. Cross reference. We're talking a few K season ticket holders and several 10K Alums. Some may fall through the cracks, so be it.

I don't care how they get the people there, they could offer the tickets to Statesboro residents for $5 for all I care. Put it on Craigs list. Doesn't matter.

Tell-n-sell for cryin out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrthe1 View Post
    It's not rocket science. GSU knows who is an alum. GSU knows who in a season ticket holder. Cross reference. We're talking a few K season ticket holders and several 10K Alums. Some may fall through the cracks, so be it.

I don't care how they get the people there, they could offer the tickets to Statesboro residents for $5 for all I care. Put it on Craigs list. Doesn't matter.

Tell-n-sell for cryin out loud.
    I don't know how but both Berry College and Kennesaw St. University have been able to track my wife and she doesn't give them a dime. She's moved twice without telling them yet we get 1 or 2 pieces of mail from them a month.

Not sure how they do it but why can't GSU figure it out?
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post
    I don't know how but both Berry College and Kennesaw St. University have been able to track my wife and she doesn't give them a dime. She's moved twice without telling them yet we get 1 or 2 pieces of mail from them a month.

My diagnosis is a lack of give-a-damn.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    You don't know all of the GSU alums that you know?

It's as if you're ignoring the part that you bolded in my post that you quoted.
    The original quote is "Send an email, snailmail or what ever to every GSU alum out there that isn't a current season ticket holder." You are the one that is supposing what they may or may not have meant. Who I know does nothing to provide me information concerning who is or who is not a season ticket holder, nor does it provide me with their e-mail address.
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

One way to get people to a game is to have the Eagle Clubs reach out to the GSU constituents in their respected counties. I had the alumni association email me a list of all GSU constituents in Glynn County. We have a bus trip scheduled for the Nooga game on the 8th. Currently I have 34 people confirmed and expect more, many of which have never been to a game. If you want to get involved, ask for the email list and get busy.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2001 View Post
    One way to get people to a game is to have the Eagle Clubs reach out to the GSU constituents in their respected counties. I had the alumni association email me a list of all GSU constituents in Glynn County. We have a bus trip scheduled for the Nooga game on the 8th. Currently I have 34 people confirmed and expect more, many of which have never been to a game. If you want to get involved, ask for the email list and get busy.
    Nicely done!
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post

My dad got his Masters nearly 50 years ago and probably 12 moves later Wayne State still sends him stuff a few times a year.

The season ticket arguement goes back to there being no real benefit other than priority points. I am going to miss Furman and Citadel for work so I easily could have just bought a ticket on a game by game basis. Heck if you miss one game there is no reason to buy a season ticket. People know you can typically buy tickets between the 40's and sit in the first 20 rows pretty easily.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

8. Default Re: Campaign to break the old attendance record

Why is the attendance based only on those who actually buy tickets. When I want to know the attendance I want a head count of everyone that walks, crawls or rides through the gates whether they have bought a seat or not. As far as I'm concerned you can count band members, paid workers, security and even the players and coaches. Everyone in the stadiun is part of the attendance. Doesn't say you have to watch the game. If you are inside the fenced area of the stadium you should be counted as part of the attendance.

After more thought on this I would have to say Furman might have to be the game to plan except its oct. 15th which doesn`t give us time. If we were playing Furman on Homecoming then I would say it would be a serious push. If we played one team that brought half the fans we did then we would break the record. We took nearly 8,000 give or take to wofford last year. If we could just get a team like Sc state to bring 2000 fans that on top of a big crowd or homecoming crowd would put us at 25000. I guess nobody wants to come to Paulson?

10. Default Re: Campaign to break the old attendance record

The way Monkin and Dr. K have been talkin about expansion and building our program makes me believe it will happen, if not this year, some time in the very near future. Just the fact that we are talking about something like this just a few years after the disaster period of the non-TO offenses we ran is refreshing! I hope we can break the record against Furple though. That atmosphere would be unreal.