TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Campaign to break the old attendance record

Default Campaign to break the old attendance record

As I am sitting in my office the " Erks last game" print stares me in the face every day where we had 25,725 in attendance. I think everyone on this board wants to see us break this old record and even Dr. Keel and coach Monken keep mentioning breaking 25,000 in attendance. Why dont we or the the administration actually push this for a particular game? One like Furman or homecoming? This would give us well over a month to really push and publisize this campaign. Flood alumni with calls, e-mails, etc. and give people ample timing to plan to say I want to be apart of this date and let`s shoot for it. I think if all of Eagle Nation pushed this we could easily break 25,000...actually I think the goal should be 26,000 that would put us at 275 above the old record. Also think this game would be the game suitable to go ahead and get extra seating to help get this crowd to the game. I think the youtube video monken did was awesome but it only gave a week tops to promote itself and don`t feel like it is enough time. Every eagle fan will wont to be apart of such a game and would make extra effort to be there and be apart of it. What are your thoughts on this? Which game would you choose to do it for?

2. Default Re: Campaign to break the old attendance record

That sounds like a great idea. Kinda remember having a conversation with a passionate Eagle fan about this the other night......

Default Re: Campaign to break the old attendance record

Haha...yes actually jonathangsu fueled this idea in my head and I agree and think its a good idea

So, should we plan it for Homecoming or Furman? I'm on board.

5. Default Re: Campaign to break the old attendance record

I think it's a cool idea to try and break the all-time record. However, I don't think it's probable or possible without temporary bleachers. I was there when the record was set. The temporary seats on the student side provided a substantial amount of extra seating. I believe 25,000 would overwhelm the grass area and make for a lot of uncomfortable attendees, many of whom couldn't see the game.

You may want to do some research into exactly how the numbers are determined.

Nobody seems to know how its calculated

I would hate to see a lot of effort go into this and be dissappointed because of some screwy way the numbers are counted or estimated

You never know how they will count. There was at least 21,000 or more at the Western game and they said 19,000 was there.

If App was on the home schedule this year I think we would break the record. I don't see it happening without them though.

If we manage to get to homecoming and are still undefeated, that record will be in serious jeopardy.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    So, should we plan it for Homecoming or Furman? I'm on board.
    I won't be at either, on call both weekends. If you look at the top 21 you'll notice a common opponent - Appy is in 5 of the spots.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"