TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 37 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GSUFANS.com Picture Show

Default GSUFANS.com Picture Show

I'm going to be putting up a thread this year, with some of my better photos ...

These first couple of ones that I'll be putting up this week, are dug out of the archives ... and are no where near as good of quality as what I'm able to do these days (I've learned a little bit along the way, and the equipment / technology is MUCH better )

Anyways, please excuse the image quality and focus on the content . This photo was taken during the 1999 championship game in Chattanooga, vs. Youngstown.

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Default Re: GSUFANS.com Picture Show

Looking forward to these.

So, do you miss your old camera?

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post

He doesn't miss it since he went digital last year...

The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Double.
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Technology or not, that's still a great picture E22. I didn't know the man personally, but I still miss seeing him at field on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post

Lol. The shots I took with a digital from 1999-2003 were with a Sony Mavica FD-91. It recorded images on a 3.5 floppy disk. Due to how slow it was, I could only get one shot a play, and put about 11 images on a single floppy disk. I lugged around 30 floppy disks each game. That camera was only 1.6 megapixels

Bought a Canon 20D a few years later ... been saving up for an upgrade in both camera and lens, but the 20D has still been quite serviceable. I use the 70-200mm 2.8 Canon lens now, with either a 1.4x or 2.0x teleconverter. Better images with the 1.4x though .. haven't been pleased with the 2.0x
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Lol. The shots I took with a digital from 1999-2003 were with a Sony Mavica FD-91. It recorded images on a 3.5 floppy disk. Due to how slow it was, I could only get one shot a play, and put about 11 images on a single floppy disk. I lugged around 30 floppy disks each game. That camera was only 1.6 megapixels

Bought a Canon 20D a few years later ... been saving up for an upgrade in both camera and lens, but the 20D has still been quite serviceable. I use the 70-200mm 2.8 Canon lens now, with either a 1.4x or 2.0x teleconverter. Better images with the 1.4x though .. haven't been pleased with the 2.0x
    Wow, so my post was actually accurate?? I was just giving you a hard time!
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post
    Wow, so my post was actually accurate?? I was just giving you a hard time!

Tell your wife you were right today, and let her mark the calendar for all posterity

I had this bad boy, with a 1.3x teleconverter that screwed onto the end. It's pathetic how much I spent on it 15 years ago. Sold it in 2004 for $250 I think.

9. Default Re: GSUFANS.com Picture Show

It's good to hear that you're using a teleconverter. I've looked into buying one for my dad for Christmas. He is now a photographer since he retired . All of the "professional" photographers I've asked about teleconverters say they aren't worth the money. $200 for the teleconverter or $3,000 for a big lense? I can afford to watch my dad waste $200. What's your take on them?

Tell your wife you were right today, and let her mark the calendar for all posterity
    Done and done.
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice