TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Division I Championship Trivia Question

1. Default NCAA Division I Championship Trivia Question

So today was the Division I Men's Lacrosse Championship Game. Here is a trivia question for everyone. Choose either A or B.

Did:

A- The DI Football Championship outdraw the DI Lacrosse Championship by over 200%

OR

B- The DI Lacrosse Championship outdraw the DI Football Championship by over 200%

Default Re: NCAA Division I Championship Trivia Question

Quote Originally Posted by Blueandwhitefightfight View Post
    So today was the Division I Men's Lacrosse Championship Game. Here is a trivia question for everyone. Choose either A or B.

Did:

A- The DI Football Championship outdraw the DI Lacrosse Championship by over 200%

OR

B- The DI Lacrosse Championship outdraw the DI Football Championship by over 200%
    B. I watched a good bit of it and noticed the crowd. No way the D-AA game gets close to that crowd.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

3. Default Re: NCAA Division I Championship Trivia Question

Over 35,000 people. Down from previous years too http://www.laxpower.com/common/NCAA-Attendance.php

Notice even the Division II Lacrosse Championship outdrew the DI Football Championship last year.

Here's another one:

Which Division I Championship had a higher attendance this year-

A. Men's Football

B. Women's Basketball

C. Sun Belt.

I'm guessing as little as women's basketball gets followed it outdrew the FCS title game.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default Re: NCAA Division I Championship Trivia Question

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    C. Sun Belt.

I'm guessing as little as women's basketball gets followed it outdrew the FCS title game.
    Tragically, yes. The NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Championship drew about 6,000 more fans (or ~150% more) than the FCS Title Game.
    Regardless of if you are in the Pro-FCS or Pro-FBS camp, you have to admit that it's just downright poor for us to be playing in ANY league in which the championship game is outdrawn by the Division II Lacrosse Championship or the DI Women's Basketball Championship. That is what I'm getting at.

I guess to you and some people it matters how many folks are watching the game. I don't care if I am the only one in the stands, as long as I am watching GSU play that is all that matters to me, and I don't care what others are doing or watching or what they think about FCS football. Winning a national championship at any level no matter the sport is impressive.

7. Default Re: NCAA Division I Championship Trivia Question

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    I guess to you and some people it matters how many folks are watching the game. I don't care if I am the only one in the stands, as long as I am watching GSU play that is all that matters to me, and I don't care what others are doing or watching or what they think about FCS football. Winning a national championship at any level no matter the sport is impressive.
    It matters because it demonstrates the strength of the brand. I'm not saying that winning a national title in any sport at any level is not impressive. I'm saying that the GSU football brand is better than the league we are in. It is important because of exposure, national recognition, recruiting, and money. That is the entire principle of marketing, advertising, and public relations. You want as many people to know about your brand as possible. You want them to think as highly as possible about that brand. And you want them to spend money on that brand. It is the goal to have them invest in your brand so much that they adopt it as part of themselves.

It is good to have fans like you and everyone else here who will follow GSU no matter what. But following blindly without thinking critically about the situation we are in will lead to us becoming complacent and being surpassed. We must educate ourselves and know how we stack up as a brand so that we may better ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueandwhitefightfight View Post
    It matters because it demonstrates the strength of the brand. I'm not saying that winning a national title in any sport at any level is not impressive. I'm saying that the GSU football brand is better than the league we are in. It is important because of exposure, national recognition, recruiting, and money. That is the entire principle of marketing, advertising, and public relations. You want as many people to know about your brand as possible. You want them to think as highly as possible about that brand. And you want them to spend money on that brand. It is the goal to have them invest in your brand so much that they adopt it as part of themselves.

It is good to have fans like you and everyone else here who will follow GSU no matter what. But following blindly without thinking critically about the situation we are in will lead to us becoming complacent and being surpassed. We must educate ourselves and know how we stack up as a brand so that we may better ourselves.
    Good post and good points for sure!! I definitely want everyone in the country to know GSU as we fans do.

This is one of the main reasons why I'm a big supporter of Mercer starting a lacrosse team. It's the only team in the state so they have a monopoly of sorts on a rapidly growing sport that draws well and has its own unique culture. It also appeals to Mercer since the participants usually come from affluent households. You also expand your recruiting reach to the Northeast. I don't know if Mercer will be competing in the Final Four anytime soon, but it's still a way to reach out to students that we weren't reaching out to before.
    "Officially" designated as the GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

10. Default Re: NCAA Division I Championship Trivia Question

Quote Originally Posted by GSUAlumniEagle View Post
    This is one of the main reasons why I'm a big supporter of Mercer starting a lacrosse team. It's the only team in the state so they have a monopoly of sorts on a rapidly growing sport that draws well and has its own unique culture. It also appeals to Mercer since the participants usually come from affluent households. You also expand your recruiting reach to the Northeast. I don't know if Mercer will be competing in the Final Four anytime soon, but it's still a way to reach out to students that we weren't reaching out to before.
    I can definately see Mercer starting a lacrosse team. My little brother just signed with Piedmont College to start a lacrosse team. They are DIII and are in NW GA. Almost ALL of the guys who signed with them are from GA. Like you said, it is growing really quickly. I could also see Ga. Tech starting a team. They treat their club team like a real team.

To be quite honest, I could see us being very successful with both a men's and women's lacrosse team. I played for 2 years here on the club team and we had more than enough people to field a team. Pretty much everyone played in high school for 4 years. A few got scholarship offers to smaller DIII or DII schools in the mid-atlantic or up north but could not refuse the co-eds. With all of the schools in Atlanta and Columbia County offering lacrosse now, we could totally corner that market.