TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Database backup and upgrade

Default Database backup and upgrade

I've waited for the ball game to get over, so later tonight the server may be slow while I backup the database.

Have a few updates that I have been behind on installing, so will start that sometime late tonight to get the forum software up to the latest version.

Once I'm doing the upgrade, the forum will be closed for posting for that period of time.

Hope to have everything back up and running no later than tomorrow morning.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Default Re: Database backup and upgrade

Forum Runner?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    Forum Runner?
    I noticed that when I just came to the site. Gonna have to give it a try.

working on the backend ... it may not be live yet.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

It's live and working well.

Posted and edited by the application.

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    It's live and working well.

Posted and edited by the application.
    Good to hear.

The new code didn't look very good on the Thunderbolt browser. The old code rendered quite nice. Hopefully this cleans it up for those Android and IPhone users.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Good to hear.

The new code didn't look very good on the Thunderbolt browser. The old code rendered quite nice. Hopefully this cleans it up for those Android and IPhone users.
    There is a free version of the app, though the paid version is only $1.99 for a one time fee.

I tried the free version, but if you want to post from the app you have to pay for the full version. Worth It in my opinion.

Thanks for adding the option!

Works great on my nook tablet.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

Ya know, you coulda went with Tapatalk eight months ago and saved me $2
    "Officially" designated as the wannabe GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUAlumniEagle View Post
    Ya know, you coulda went with Tapatalk eight months ago and saved me $2
    I did not go w/ Tapatalk due to some of the security issues that are known. Not impossible to deal with, but not the most ideal solution.

I do think the upgrade here on the board version (4.1.3) is supposed to have a mobile php page ... I'm digging through the settings now seeing what has changed.

Any Chrome users having problems getting on since the update? IE and Firefox work fine, but I'm getting an error message when I try to get on here with Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by HAIL SOUTHERN! View Post
    Any Chrome users having problems getting on since the update? IE and Firefox work fine, but I'm getting an error message when I try to get on here with Chrome.
    I was having strange issues the day after the upgrade with it locking up, but it's seemed to resolve itself.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Quote Originally Posted by HAIL SOUTHERN! View Post
    Haven't had any problem using Chrome and the message board.
    GATA EAGLES!!!!

no issues with chrome on my end as well.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

Late Saturday night the forum will be turned off for about an hour while we do a backup and new code installation. Should be back up by 0200 on Sunday morning at the latest.

That hurts my eyes.

Maybe I'll do it now