TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul - how about Forum Runner?

Default Paul - how about Forum Runner?

Another forum that I frequent uses this instead of Tapatalk. They were also concerned about the security, so I assume this one is reliable. PLEASE check into it?

http://www.forumrunner.net/
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Default Re: Paul - how about Forum Runner?

After using this for a day, it's not too bad.

Forum Runner keeps force closing whenever I post. Anyone else having this problem?
    "Officially" designated as the wannabe GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUAlumniEagle View Post
    Forum Runner keeps force closing whenever I post. Anyone else having this problem?
    What do you mean by force closing ? The app shuts down ?
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22

Yea that's what he means.

This is a forum runner support issue.

Contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer

Yea that's what he means.

This is a forum runner support issue.

Contact them.
    It says it's sending them a report each time it happens. I was just wondering if it was happening to others.
    "Officially" designated as the wannabe GSUFans Vigilante Moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Uh, nevermind....I was late to the party.

I've had issues with that but mine doesn't really force close, it just freezes after I've posted three or four times. Other than that occurrance, I have no complaints about it though.
    "...you just can’t beat Georgia Southern. And you ain’t seen nothin yet…"

--Erk Russell

I have had the occasional force close but nothing consistent.

Guess I've been lucky.

Ok. Apparently, I'm stupid. I can get into Forum Runner and I can get to GSUFans.com. But I don't see how to log in or post? All I can seem to do is read posts. Also, I don't see anything that lets me add it as a favorite? I see favorites, but no way to add GSUFans so I don't have to search for it each time. I'm on Droid X2 and have version 1.2.14 of Forum Runner. Can anyone help me with an Idiots guide to FR?
    These statements may or may not be the sole opinion of Pike and Pike Brand Incorporated. For questions, please contact Pike Brands International. "Pikes Platinum Lemonade", "HELTON HYPE TRAIN" and "#TRUSTTHEOFFENSE" are trademarks of Pike Brand and may only be used with permission Pike and Pike Brand accept no responsibility for the outcomes of riding on the HELTON HYPE TRAIN. All risks are the ticket holders responsibility. Ride at your own risk. Side effects, while rare, may include nausea, vomiting, depression, suicidal thoughts, fits of anger, feelings of hopelessness, inability to GATA, increased consumption of fats, sugars, and alcohol, agreeing with JDC, rage posting, trusting the offense, watery stool, and erectile disfunction. If you experience any of these symptoms, please immediately log off of GSUFans and seek medical assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by pike51 View Post
    Ok. Apparently, I'm stupid. I can get into Forum Runner and I can get to GSUFans.com. But I don't see how to log in or post? All I can seem to do is read posts. Also, I don't see anything that lets me add it as a favorite? I see favorites, but no way to add GSUFans so I don't have to search for it each time. I'm on Droid X2 and have version 1.2.14 of Forum Runner. Can anyone help me with an Idiots guide to FR?
    Do you have the free version or the paid version? In the free version, you can only read and not post. As for adding it to favs, when you open forum runner and locate GSUFans click on it so that you see the forums (GSUfans.com, gusfans.com members only, gsufans.com public forums). Hit menu and there will be a star that says favs. Click that and it adds it to your favs.
    Last edited by cannonballgsu; 15th June 2011 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    Do you have the free version or the paid version? In the free version, you can only read and not post. As for adding it to favs, when you open forum runner and locate GSUFans click on it so that you see the forums (GSUfans.com, gusfans.com members only, gsufans.com public forums). Hit menu and there will be a star that says favs. Click that and it adds it to your favs.

It looks like I have the full version because I can add the "Forum Runner Free" but "Forum Runner" is installed.

But... I figured it out. You gotta use the "menu" button to do things! Sheesh. I'm only on week 2 with a Droid so I'm still learning.

Thanks for the help!!!!
    Last edited by Pike51; 15th June 2011 at 08:34 AM.
    These statements may or may not be the sole opinion of Pike and Pike Brand Incorporated. For questions, please contact Pike Brands International. "Pikes Platinum Lemonade", "HELTON HYPE TRAIN" and "#TRUSTTHEOFFENSE" are trademarks of Pike Brand and may only be used with permission Pike and Pike Brand accept no responsibility for the outcomes of riding on the HELTON HYPE TRAIN. All risks are the ticket holders responsibility. Ride at your own risk. Side effects, while rare, may include nausea, vomiting, depression, suicidal thoughts, fits of anger, feelings of hopelessness, inability to GATA, increased consumption of fats, sugars, and alcohol, agreeing with JDC, rage posting, trusting the offense, watery stool, and erectile disfunction. If you experience any of these symptoms, please immediately log off of GSUFans and seek medical assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by pike51 View Post
    It looks like I have the full version because I can add the "Forum Runner Free" but "Forum Runner" is installed.
    Hit the menu button once you are on GSUFans.com and hit login.
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

Paul, I know I gave you a hard time, but thanks for choosing FR over TT. Great call. Tapatalk inhales vigorously in comparison.

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a way to make a shortcut straight to the forum (works for me at least). You have to be rooted and running ADW Launcher.

First - Long press on the icon. This will bring up the window shown below. Click on Edit.

When you click on edit, this window will show up. Click on the Forum Runner button.

After clicking on the Forum Runner button, this window will appear. Click on Activities.

After clicking on Activities, the following window will appear. Click on Forum Runner.

When you click on Forum Runner, the following window will appear. Now here is where it may vary with others. Since I only use Forum Runner for GSU Fans, it may not be the same for multiple forums. I clicked on the 4th one down - Favorites Browser Activity.

Now when I click on the home screen icon, it takes me here instead of the main Forum Runner Screen:

Tried that on Launcher Pro and didnt work. I use multiple forums so im going to try it on adw in a bit.

Didnt work on adw either. Must only work when you have one.

Anyone having issues posting from Forum Runner? May be an issue with IOS6, but not sure.

Edit: it is related to the OS. Have to hit enter and then you can post.
    Last edited by cannonballgsu; 22nd September 2012 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    Anyone having issues posting from Forum Runner? May be an issue with IOS6, but not sure.

Edit: it is related to the OS. Have to hit enter and then you can post.
    Forum Runner has an update. Haven't had a chance to install it yet. Might fix that issue. Might not.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.