TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 535455
Results 541 to 549 of 549

Thread: New Football Facility

  1. #541

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    The language for the seating expansion indicates a sunset time of 20 years. They can't go against that. I paid the RAC expansion fee while I was in school but never remember hearing about a sunset provision for the fee itself.

    In 20 years, there will likely be another vote to keep the fee, or increase it. It will never go away.

  2. Default Re: New Football Facility

    Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    In 20 years, there will likely be another vote to keep the fee, or increase it. It will never go away.
    Remind you of local option sales tax!!

  3. #543

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    The language for the seating expansion indicates a sunset time of 20 years. They can't go against that. I paid the RAC expansion fee while I was in school but never remember hearing about a sunset provision for the fee itself.
    what's the estimate on how much money a $25 a semester fee will raise over 20 years?

    16,000 (undergrad) students paying at $50 a year is $800,000 over 20 years that's $16,000,000
    Is this current expansion really going to cost $16mil? Or do you think they'll use it for continued stadium expansion over the course of 20 years?
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

  4. #544

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post
    Is this current expansion really going to cost $16mil? Or do you think they'll use it for continued stadium expansion over the course of 20 years?
    I doubt it'll be $16M up front, but they have to plan for inflation and the cost to finance the project from day one. This is my guess....but i'm thinking of it like a mortgage. We may only borrow $10M upfront, but after 20 years, the final total will be much more than that.

  5. #545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSC View Post

    I doubt it'll be $16M up front, but they have to plan for inflation and the cost to finance the project from day one. This is my guess....but i'm thinking of it like a mortgage. We may only borrow $10M upfront, but after 20 years, the final total will be much more than that.
    If I remember right the actual thing said the fee would be assessed until everything was paid off which is expected to be 20 years. If it takes fewer years to pay it off, they will stop the fee. This is likely to happen if the student body keeps growing.
    GSU Alma Mater: Words by Caryl Cain Brown, Music by David Matthew
    "From humble farm beginnings, sprung up from sandy earth, among the tow'ring pine trees, stands a treasure of great worth. Her price cannot be measured, in silver or in gold, but in the love and loyalty, that many hearts enfold. Georgia Southern University. On Eagles wings you soar. We pledge to you our loyalty and love for ever more."

  6. #546

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    The contractor for the stadium expansion was suppose to be selected today. Any news?

  7. #547

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSC View Post
    I doubt it'll be $16M up front, but they have to plan for inflation and the cost to finance the project from day one. This is my guess....but i'm thinking of it like a mortgage. We may only borrow $10M upfront, but after 20 years, the final total will be much more than that.
    We are getting bonds that total $20 million for the Football Ops Building and the seats.

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,943

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Jax_Eagle View Post
    We are getting bonds that total $20 million for the Football Ops Building and the seats.
    Had to think about that response for a while huh?

  9. #549

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    yawn...

Similar Threads

  1. GA State Practice Facility
    By gatadotcom in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 7th August 2010, 01:05 PM
  2. Inside Apps New Facility
    By Large Marge in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12th September 2009, 12:20 AM
  3. West Georgia has $24 million for athletic facility
    By birdseye in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 11th August 2009, 10:24 PM
  4. Softball Facility Pictures
    By Large Marge in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 3rd February 2009, 12:54 AM
  5. GSU Facility Pictures
    By Eagles2010 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 4th December 2008, 06:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •