TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Football Facility

Default Re: New Football Facility

Quote Originally Posted by Large Marge View Post
    Here's a size reference. The new Mcneese st. Facility is approximately 35k sq. feet. I recommend checking that out.
    know where one can find a picture of that?

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    Wow, we are getting 15ksqft MORE then that? That's an impressive building to begin with!!
    The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

4. Default Re: New Football Facility

Quote Originally Posted by TCM View Post
    Not complaining but if we do build a building of this size and do not add any additional seating the stadium is going to look way out of whack with two large buildings at each end zone and 15,000 seats.
    Can anyone reference an existing college football stadium with two separate endzone buildings? I can't think of one. I was trying to Google some pics but I didn't find anything.

I like being unique honestly if we are, which I doubt.

But I agree, I can't think of another stadium that has two buildings.

6. Default Re: New Football Facility

Quote Originally Posted by gataeagles7 View Post
    Can anyone reference an existing college football stadium with two separate endzone buildings? I can't think of one. I was trying to Google some pics but I didn't find anything.
    Funny, I cant think of too many other teams with 6 National Titles either. Guess we are just going to be different...

Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post
    Wow, we are getting 15ksqft MORE then that? That's an impressive building to begin with!!
    Should be about the same size as the McNeese building.

Maybe the Cowboy fans who post here can correct me, but I am pretty sure there was an existing 15K single story building there before, and that new construction up and over tied together with the old brought it to around 50K. In reading a little bit online at various articles, that is what I found ... the new construction brought the total square footage to around 49K sq ft.

Impressive facility.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I like being unique honestly if we are, which I doubt.

But I agree, I can't think of another stadium that has two buildings.
    Quote Originally Posted by StudentEagleFan View Post
    Funny, I cant think of too many other teams with 6 National Titles either. Guess we are just going to be different...
    So in others we're passing everyone else by. Nothing wrong with being the first. The Bishop was supposedly built to be able to have stands come up right next to it. I just hope like we did with Bishop we are able to add floors if necessary and incorporate future seating.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

9. Default Re: New Football Facility

Let's not get the cart before the horse . Ground breaking will happen only after the first four million of the ten million to complete the project is raised . Additional seating will be done with different funds . Additional seats on both ends and both sides first ( gone will be the hills) . Then a deck on the student side with boxes or reserved seating underneath .

Coastal's Adkins Field is listed at "over 50,000 sq ft. maybe that is a descent analog.

Who I am, WinderEagleFan87. Born in Athens and raised on the Dawgs, from Winder, GA. A Born Again Georgia Southern Eagles Fan since 1987. Truly, a DawgGoneEagle, GATA !
    Twitter: @DawgGoneEagle