TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 56 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Football Facility

1. Default New Football Facility

2. Default Re: New Football Facility

Start Date: Projected October 2011
    Completion Date: Projected August 2012

We play Furman October 15, 2011. Official groundbreaking at halftime would be pretty epic.

Default Re: New Football Facility

Lulz at Rosser as the consultant.

Not surprising though honestly. They might not know a damn thing about athletics but they know buildings and have done many impressive projects.

Also, if the construction start is in Oct....we play Furman Oct 15, and I assume that's the Blue Out game. How awesome would it be if groundbreaking was at halftime?

Edit: Klak is an idea whore. I brought this up on IM at work and he beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Start Date: Projected October 2011
    Completion Date: Projected August 2012

We play Furman October 15, 2011. Official groundbreaking at halftime would be pretty epic.
    Have a backhoe come in, knock down the scoreboard...really make a statement. We could just use dry erase boards the rest of the game.

5. Default Re: New Football Facility

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    Have a backhoe come in, knock down the scoreboard...really make a statement. We could just use dry erase boards the rest of the game.

Glad to see the hall of fame get a spot in this facility.

I know this is a super secret project but it's going to be named "1peatfor7 Fieldhouse." Dr Keel shut down my original name for it "Post Ho Hall."
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Lulz at Rosser as the consultant.

Not surprising though honestly. They might not know a damn thing about athletics but they know buildings and have done many impressive projects.

Also, if the construction start is in Oct....we play Furman Oct 15, and I assume that's the Blue Out game. How awesome would it be if groundbreaking was at halftime?

Edit: Klak is an idea whore. I brought this up on IM at work and he beat me to it
    I'm sure knowing Rosser's expertise in construction played a big part in allowing them to do the study. You are right in that they have done a lot of impressive facilities. Some that they have done are Turner Field, the Colonial Center, The Gwinnett Center Arena, and Pitt's basketball arena. Probably the closest thing they have done to an expansion of Paulson would be Louisville's stadium. Pretty nice:

Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    I'm sure knowing Rosser's expertise in construction played a big part in allowing them to do the study. You are right in that they have done a lot of impressive facilities. Some that they have done are Turner Field, the Colonial Center, The Gwinnett Center Arena, and Pitt's basketball arena. Probably the closest thing they have done to an expansion of Paulson would be Louisville's stadium. Pretty nice:

Hmm ... (hint) ... that endzone building design looks kind of similar (not identical - that one is much wider in the middle) both in footprint and shape .... I would not be surprised though if the total width our building will be on scale similar to the back width of that building.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Aight....lets get some of those Potoshop experts to combine some pics for us! hhahaha....

10. Default Re: New Football Facility

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSC View Post
    Aight....lets get some of those Potoshop experts to combine some pics for us! hhahaha....
    will there be any game seating or boxes included in the design? I know there is a waiting list for the current boxes.