TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 56 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 551

Thread: New Football Facility

  1. Default New Football Facility


  2. Default Re: New Football Facility

    Start Date: Projected October 2011
    Completion Date: Projected August 2012

    We play Furman October 15, 2011. Official groundbreaking at halftime would be pretty epic.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    26,126

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    Lulz at Rosser as the consultant.

    Not surprising though honestly. They might not know a damn thing about athletics but they know buildings and have done many impressive projects.


    Also, if the construction start is in Oct....we play Furman Oct 15, and I assume that's the Blue Out game. How awesome would it be if groundbreaking was at halftime?

    Edit: Klak is an idea whore. I brought this up on IM at work and he beat me to it

  4. #4

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Start Date: Projected October 2011
    Completion Date: Projected August 2012

    We play Furman October 15, 2011. Official groundbreaking at halftime would be pretty epic.
    Have a backhoe come in, knock down the scoreboard...really make a statement. We could just use dry erase boards the rest of the game.

  5. Default Re: New Football Facility

    Quote Originally Posted by cannonballgsu View Post
    Have a backhoe come in, knock down the scoreboard...really make a statement. We could just use dry erase boards the rest of the game.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Decatur, GA
    Posts
    44,653

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    Glad to see the hall of fame get a spot in this facility.

    I know this is a super secret project but it's going to be named "1peatfor7 Fieldhouse." Dr Keel shut down my original name for it "Post Ho Hall."
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Evans, GA
    Posts
    17,098

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Lulz at Rosser as the consultant.

    Not surprising though honestly. They might not know a damn thing about athletics but they know buildings and have done many impressive projects.


    Also, if the construction start is in Oct....we play Furman Oct 15, and I assume that's the Blue Out game. How awesome would it be if groundbreaking was at halftime?

    Edit: Klak is an idea whore. I brought this up on IM at work and he beat me to it
    I'm sure knowing Rosser's expertise in construction played a big part in allowing them to do the study. You are right in that they have done a lot of impressive facilities. Some that they have done are Turner Field, the Colonial Center, The Gwinnett Center Arena, and Pitt's basketball arena. Probably the closest thing they have done to an expansion of Paulson would be Louisville's stadium. Pretty nice:




  8. #8

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt3412 View Post
    I'm sure knowing Rosser's expertise in construction played a big part in allowing them to do the study. You are right in that they have done a lot of impressive facilities. Some that they have done are Turner Field, the Colonial Center, The Gwinnett Center Arena, and Pitt's basketball arena. Probably the closest thing they have done to an expansion of Paulson would be Louisville's stadium. Pretty nice:




    Hmm ... (hint) ... that endzone building design looks kind of similar (not identical - that one is much wider in the middle) both in footprint and shape .... I would not be surprised though if the total width our building will be on scale similar to the back width of that building.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  9. #9

    Default Re: New Football Facility

    Aight....lets get some of those Potoshop experts to combine some pics for us! hhahaha....

  10. Default Re: New Football Facility

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSC View Post
    Aight....lets get some of those Potoshop experts to combine some pics for us! hhahaha....
    will there be any game seating or boxes included in the design? I know there is a waiting list for the current boxes.

Similar Threads

  1. GA State Practice Facility
    By gatadotcom in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 7th August 2010, 01:05 PM
  2. Inside Apps New Facility
    By Large Marge in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12th September 2009, 12:20 AM
  3. West Georgia has $24 million for athletic facility
    By birdseye in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 11th August 2009, 10:24 PM
  4. Softball Facility Pictures
    By Large Marge in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 3rd February 2009, 12:54 AM
  5. GSU Facility Pictures
    By Eagles2010 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 4th December 2008, 06:16 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •