TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: Old threads?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Old threads?

I was thinking about a thread and after lots of searching realized it was on the old site (which old version I can't remember). Is there still a read only version of any of the old forums anywhere to look up old post?
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Dusty Fowler
    I.T./B.Mgmt.
    GSUAF Member
    P69 - Section 108

Default Re: Old threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralze34 View Post
    I was thinking about a thread and after lots of searching realized it was on the old site (which old version I can't remember). Is there still a read only version of any of the old forums anywhere to look up old post?
    I have the old databases archived on hard drive, but they aren't accessible online. Through the years since we moved back from Rivals (2001), we've had several different versions and brands of software running the forum, and it has been sort of a mess to consolidate. It was my original plan when I moved to this dedicated server, to put all of them up in read-only status, disabling the usernames, but I honestly haven't had much time to play around with it. I will have to convert five or six files to the current format to make it work ... not impossible stuff, but nothing I've done yet either.

The oldest stuff on this database is from September 2008, when I moved the site to this current server. Sometimes folks have had a hard time looking up older posts due to their settings, however there is nothing there past 9/2008.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.