TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Score/ Attendance Prediction

Default Re: Score/ Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I'm a little optimistic I suppose, but SC State is a short drive and I know of several who will be in town for the weekend that indicated they were going. It's wishful thinking and it's my unscientific prediction. When they start paying me for my predictions, I'll try to be a little more accurate, ok?
    Sorry oldfart...didn't mean to come off as stand-off'ish. Honestly, not trying to attack you. I was wondering if you had some kind of inside knowledge or something.

I would just hate for the newbie's to once again be negative after un-realistic expectations aren't met.

The attendance at these playoff games are "counted differently" than the regular season. Don't ask me what the difference is, but the official announced attendance will much less than what you think no matter what the crowd looks like.

I have been to every playoff game ever palyed in Paulson including the smallest crowd in history vs Jackson St in '85.

If there is an offical crowd of 15K it would be huge.

As for the score....as long as we have more than they do I am fine.

The MEAC has traditionally not fared well, bu this team looks scary to me.

I watched their game with Morgan St.

Good Guys - 24 Other Guys - 17

14,250 will witness it live.

Quote Originally Posted by Geecheeriverambler View Post
    The attendance at these playoff games are "counted differently" than the regular season.
    That's been officially denied by GSU via a media outlet in the past.

Well I need to continue to pick against us, because when I do we've won.

SCST 28
    GSU 20
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

GSU 17-14 on a late Adrian FG. Attendance will be awful, 2,000-3,000 less than whatever it was for the Samford game.
    Eagle Fund 2011, 2012, & 2013

This is the first playoff game for the Eagles in many moons, so I don't feel comfortable using past attendance as an indicator. I know that very few students will attend, but I think we'll have a good crowd (compared to the past). If we can draw (app.) 14K to the 2009 Citadel game, we should easily break 10K for this game.

Between 1991-1997 we went to the playoffs 2 out of 7 years. What was the playoff attendance for those games?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

As I noted in the other thread, actual attendance at the most recent two first-round games we hosted was in the 6,000s. Therefore I predict attendance around 8,000 and BE HAPPY WITH IT, ******. [That's "doggone it".] 8,000 would be a record for Georgia Southern.

As for the score, I would be deliriously happy with 21-20.

since students have coplained about possibly paying $5 to park then I don't see many showing up (but they might surprise us). It has been a long time since GSU made the playoffs and we have suffered thru a few horrible years. This may factor into a larger than normal 1st round crowd.

also, I thought the same with announcing attendance. I thought students were counted 1/3 because they don't pay full price or something. Maybe I'm wrong but it always seems they say way under what would be called during the regular season. Either way I hope the place is loud and energized and the Eagles win one more time.

13K announced, looks like 16K to the eye

GSU win 28- 17

I honestly have no idea how good SCSt defense is, but I'm hoping the team is pumped and jump to an early lead and the defense makes huge stops throughout the game.
    Just One More Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Between 1991-1997 we went to the playoffs 2 out of 7 years. What was the playoff attendance for those games?
    That would be a good indication and the only thing I can think of that would change is enrollment was probably almost half of what it is now and alumni numbers were probably 15-20,000 lower and the local population within an hours drive was lower during that time. Have more of a fan base to draw from now and a hungry fan base at that