TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: "Mark Forums Read"

Default "Mark Forums Read"

Question for those that are extremely more intelligent than I....

I loved this feature on the old board as it helped me do a quick glance to see what was newly posted since the last time I visited. But I've noticed with this new version that it's not working the same. As long as I have the same window open and come back to visit the page it works. But if I close out the window (and actually do some work for a little while) all of the old threads that I've read show up as having a new post when I come back. The only way I can get it to work for me is if I actually log out and log back in before closing out the window.

Is there a setting on my computer that I should change to take care of this or is there something that can be done to solve this problem. I know it's a matter of 3-5 seconds, but it would be nice just to hit that button as I leave the site.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Default Re: "Mark Forums Read"

Three ways to get to this:
    1) Click "New Posts" and then look on the toolbar below Home, Forum, etc. It's there.
    2) When not in "New Posts", click "Forum Tools" and it will bring it up.
    3) When on the main page (list of all the forums), it's at the bottom.

Or are you saying that MFR is not working for you now?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSC View Post
    Question for those that are extremely more intelligent than I....

I loved this feature on the old board as it helped me do a quick glance to see what was newly posted since the last time I visited. But I've noticed with this new version that it's not working the same. As long as I have the same window open and come back to visit the page it works. But if I close out the window (and actually do some work for a little while) all of the old threads that I've read show up as having a new post when I come back. The only way I can get it to work for me is if I actually log out and log back in before closing out the window.

Is there a setting on my computer that I should change to take care of this or is there something that can be done to solve this problem. I know it's a matter of 3-5 seconds, but it would be nice just to hit that button as I leave the site.

Any advice would be appreciated!
    That settles it. We should never close out GSU fans and work!
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

4. Default Re: "Mark Forums Read"

I just click "WHAT'S NEW" each time I visit. Seems to work well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gsu_paintballer View Post
    Three ways to get to this:
    1) Click "New Posts" and then look on the toolbar below Home, Forum, etc. It's there.
    2) When not in "New Posts", click "Forum Tools" and it will bring it up.
    3) When on the main page (list of all the forums), it's at the bottom.

Or are you saying that MFR is not working for you now?
    It doesn't work for me. I click on it, and it clears the "cookies". But when I close out the window and come back at a later time, all the threads that I've read are marked as "new" again.

It doesn't work for me. I click on it, and it clears the "cookies". But when I close out the window and come back at a later time, all the threads that I've read are marked as "new" again.
    Tools, Options, Privacy, Cookies, Keep until they expire.

Are you set to that?

Tools, Options, Privacy, Cookies, Keep until they expire.

Are you set to that?
    I wasn't, but I am now....

I wasn't, but I am now....
    Same problem?

Same problem?
    Yeah...it still keeps posts I've already read as "new" posts when I come back. No biggie. I'll just keep logging on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by BoroNative View Post
    I just click "WHAT'S NEW" each time I visit. Seems to work well for me.
    I like that feature too. The problem is though that posts and threads I've already read keep coming up as "new" posts when I get back on the site.

I've been having this too on an itermittant basis. I've been wondering what the trigger mechanism is to mark a post as new or read.
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

I just wanted to revisit this issue....I've started looking and posting on Anygivensaturday.com again and it appears that their forum is very similar to this one. There are some minor differences but it looks like it's basically the same format. I still have issues on here with having to log off and on instead of being able to just click "mark forums read" but I don't have that problem with AGS.com. Makes me think that there some kind of setting with the site rather than my computers (home & work).

Again...not a big deal. Just food for thought.

I just wanted to revisit this issue....I've started looking and posting on Anygivensaturday.com again and it appears that their forum is very similar to this one. There are some minor differences but it looks like it's basically the same format. I still have issues on here with having to log off and on instead of being able to just click "mark forums read" but I don't have that problem with AGS.com. Makes me think that there some kind of setting with the site rather than my computers (home & work).

Minor differences.... you mean like aposter that is a rabid Citadel fan that is so delusion that thinks the south with rise again at any moment, and el cid actually has a chance to beat GSU???

The poster formally known as:
    The Black Flag
    Seven Would Be Nice

Quote Originally Posted by panama View Post
    I suppose you guys expect us to draw 1000 a game and go 2 and 9 and slip quietly into the night

MFR is working for me.

MFR is working for me.
    +1
    GATA EAGLES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seven would be nice View Post
    Minor differences.... you mean like aposter that is a rabid Citadel fan that is so delusion that thinks the south with rise again at any moment, and el cid actually has a chance to beat GSU???

And the Elon poster that thinks that Elon will win the SoCon next year and the Samford fan who thinks that GSU has "no shot" at winning in Birmingham next year either.