TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar and Signatures

Default Avatar and Signatures

I can't get my Avatar or my XBOX gamercard signature to show up anymore? Any idea why that happened?
    GATA EAGLES!!!!

Default Re: Avatar and Signatures

Probably a permission setting (ugh). Let me check into it, and I'll get back with you.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

I've noticed that the people that are 2010-2011 donors have lost their avatars, don't know if that will help you figure it out.
    GATA EAGLES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSUrebel View Post
    I've noticed that the people that are 2010-2011 donors have lost their avatars, don't know if that will help you figure it out.
    Good call on that. I hadn't even noticed that mine was gone.

See if you can fix your signature now. Still working on the avatar issue.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    See if you can fix your signature now. Still working on the avatar issue.
    It still didn't work...under the signature permissions everything is set to no expect for can upload images for signatures.

The XBOX image I had been using uses BBCode and that is one of the permissions set to no

Quote Originally Posted by GSUrebel View Post
    It still didn't work...under the signature permissions everything is set to no expect for can upload images for signatures.

The XBOX image I had been using uses BBCode and that is one of the permissions set to no
    Okay, I'll check them again.

This software has board permissions, user permissions, group permissions and &^*% permissions.

the &^*% permissions are the ones that are causing me problems

Some of the group permissions override user or board permissions, and it it proving difficult to see which have top level authority.

Coastal GA -- until I can back to Upstate

I thought new technology was supposed to make things easier....

Okay, I'll check them again.

This software has board permissions, user permissions, group permissions and &^*% permissions.

the &^*% permissions are the ones that are causing me problems

Some of the group permissions override user or board permissions, and it it proving difficult to see which have top level authority.

Sounds like a giant cluster...you know the rest

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyblue View Post
    I thought new technology was supposed to make things easier....
    you are kidding? Our school district is jamming "new" technology down our throat and it's taking 3 times as long to get anything done...
    Doyle Clifton, Beaufort, SC
    RFGTG

Quote Originally Posted by GSC75 View Post
    you are kidding? Our school district is jamming "new" technology down our throat and it's taking 3 times as long to get anything done...
    I remember some comedian making a joke about being in a department store and couldn't check out and leave because "The computer is down" and the kid behind the counter didn't know what to do. Whereas 30 years ago, they checked you out with pen & paper. If it went down, they grabbed another pen and you were on your way.
    Last edited by PrinterEagle; 6th September 2010 at 02:21 PM.
    Mike Younce
    2001 - Bachelor of Science in Printing Management
    2003 - Master of Technology
    Brunswick, Georgia

GSC75, EagleSC, PrinterEagle ....

see if you can access the Eagle's Nest and the stories on the front page (all of them)

I have figured out how to restore your avatars and signatures.

GSUrebel, I'm still working on yours. Your stuff is displaying on the backend in the admin panel, but somewhere there is a permission blocking your signature. This crap is rather frustrating. Sorry it is taking a while.

I set up a new usergroup (TEST) to work out these permissions before I switch all the donors over to it.

Rebel, try resetting your pics in your avatar and signature to what you want. I think it is fixed now.

GSC75, EagleSC, PrinterEagle ....

see if you can access the Eagle's Nest and the stories on the front page (all of them)

I have figured out how to restore your avatars and signatures.

GSUrebel, I'm still working on yours. Your stuff is displaying on the backend in the admin panel, but somewhere there is a permission blocking your signature. This crap is rather frustrating. Sorry it is taking a while.

I set up a new usergroup (TEST) to work out these permissions before I switch all the donors over to it.

I was able to view the Eagle's Nest, and all stories on the front page, except for "Consistancy is key for the Eagles"
    Mike Younce
    Brunswick, Georgia

Yep. That works now.

(Still can't see RSS feeds, btw.)
    Mike Younce
    Brunswick, Georgia

RSS feeds will never be viewable through the forum. It is a quirk, to the way the software is written. It is a weird heirarchy of permissions .... apparently the coders wrote the software to use the RSS feeds in a different way than I anticipated using them.

That is the next project to tackle.

I'm good on everything. Thanks for looking into that!

Rebel, try resetting your pics in your avatar and signature to what you want. I think it is fixed now.
    Everything is working now, thanks Paul!!
    GATA EAGLES!!!!

is there something still going on with this? I can change my location and fav team but not my sig. I there a button that I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Downer View Post
    is there something still going on with this? I can change my location and fav team but not my sig. I there a button that I am missing?
    When you go to edit profile there is a pane on the left that says my settings. It will have edit profile, Profile picture, avatar and sig.